I am officially announcing my re-election bid for Edson Town Council.
I truly believe I have something positive to offer Council and the community having lived in Edson for 24 years. Edson has been very good to my family and I believe it’s my responsibility to give back as much as possible.
Council has made such a positive impact on the community over the last 4 years. I’m proud of our progress and I look forward to continuing that work in my second term.
I had the pleasure to serve the Town on many boards during the past term:
- Youth Council,
- Edson & District Recycling Society,
- West Yellowhead Regional Waste Management Authority,
- Edson & District Chamber of Commerce, and the
- Multi-Use Facility Steering Committee.
My platform hinges on my slogan of ‘Focused on Progress’. I continuously encourage Council into proactive decisions that drive community improvements and prosperity. As a Councillor, we must not only focus on serving the immediate needs of our community, but also focus on its long-term needs and goals.
In short, I hope to focus on four areas as Councillor in the next term.
- Simplify business development & encourage diversification;
- Support parks, trails, & green initiatives;
- Expand recreational & cultural facilities through fiscal responsibility; and
- Enhance senior & youth services
Over the coming weeks, I will discuss my platform with local voters and business leaders. Now that I am back on the campaign trail, I look forward to talking with as many people as possible to hear everyone’s concerns, offer possible solutions to the many issues our community faces.
What do you want Edson to look like by 2025?